The existance of Master is a major milestone in GDP project since it changes the set up of the project. Now there are two deliverables, Master and Major releases, instead of one.
This has to be communicated including the policies associated to the usage of Master and the changes in other parts of the project, like the creation of a new GDP-ivi9 maintenance branch.
This communication is better done through a blog post and communicated by mail. The blog post should contain the following information:
- Introduction with a reference to the previous blog post about the single branch
- Why did we created this branch? Goal
- Summary of the most relevanta actions done
- How touse the branches, including links to instructions
- Other changes
- Content structure changes
- Tasks/epic structure changes
- GDP-ivi9 maintenance: check
- link to the blog post: https://at.projects.genivi.org/wiki/display/GDP/2016/06/28/A+new+deliverable+for+those+who+want+latest+and+greatest%3A+GDP+Master
- annoucement through projects ML:
- social media promo: