Once the decision has been made to declare an image for each target Board Gold Master there are several tasks to do:
- Introduce a tag in meta-genivi-dev and genivi-dev-platform referring to the release. (done, relevant tags + branches in place)
- Create a specific readme.md for the branch, with information specific for the release.
- Create metadata based on Gold Master.
- Sign the images and metadata.
- Communicate to the Release team the place to download the image and metadata
- Communicate Release date/time.
- Communicate the release date to: marketing, PMO, community management
Request redirection of http://projects.genivi.org/gdp/release_announcement to the blog post with the new release announcement, which view should be restricted until the RT.
This task is better described in the Release Howto
- GDP 11 beta branch creation
- Readme file for the branch created
- Tags applied to genivi-dev-platform and meta-genivi-dev (done where applicable)
- Images and metadata signed
- Gold Master declared
- RD= Wednesday Aug 3rd
- RT= 11:00 UTC
- Gold Master communicated