Deployment preparation and execution of the GDP 11 Release images and metadata. :
- Community boards
- Dragonboard (will not be released).
This task is fully described in the GDP Release Howto document.
- Note old process. go.cd now handles these steps directly, instead of via scripts within Codethink
- Designate a staging area, i.e. a directory to put all the build artifacts.
- Create a fresh checkout of the genivi-dev-platform repo using the release branch, `source init.sh`, tar the whole thing up as oe-source.tar.gz and put it in the staging area.
- This can be simplified to wiping out gdp-src-build/tmp and tarring up the whole thing while excluding everything in gdp-src-build except gdp-src-build/conf bitbake genivi-dev-platform
- Copy tmp/deploy/licenses/genivi-dev-platform-*/license.manifest into the staging area, through go.cd.
- Tar up the whole tmp/deploy/source dir as sources.tar.gz and put it in the staging area, through go.cd..
- Tar up the whole tmp/deploy/licenses dir as licenses.tar.gz and put in the staging area, through go.cd..
- Copy the image manifest to the staging area.
- Copy the kernel to the staging area.
- gzip the rootfs into the staging area.
- Notify GENIVI IT where they can find all the archives to deploy (in go.cd) through a ticket, inclluding the checksums
- Link to the ticket: OSSINFR-105
oe sources tarball needs re-deployment
For those interested in the go.cd template currently being used to generate the artifacts, it can be found here: http://go.genivi.org/go/admin/templates/Yocto_GDP_generic_release/stages/build/job/init_and_bitbake/tasks
For now the go server has to act as the staging area, but I believe it should be possible to directly upload to the genivi ftp server by having a mounted directory, set here: http://go.genivi.org/go/admin/templates/Yocto_GDP_generic_release/stages/build/job/init_and_bitbake/artifacts
The pipelines are also generating a checksum list of all the artifacts created by the specific pipeline execution (e.g http://go.genivi.org/go/files/Release-RaspberryPi3/2/build/1/init_and_bitbake/raspberrypi3/checksums.txt) This should add more automation to the release cycle.