A discussion about this service was held within the Tools Team and tracked in
TOOL-9 . The final decision was to go for it for two nreasons:
- GENIVI should host its own code
- GENIVI should have a backup for GitHub
- Some organizations cannot use GitHub
- Define the scope of the service
- Describe the basic requirements for this service
- Proposal about which tools can be used for this.
Proposal from Jeremiah accepted in the Tools Team meeting of June 15th.
1. Provide reliable URLs identical to the URL's we have on git.projects.genivi.org
2. Fetch, and host, upstream software that GENIVI relies on to build images like the baseline
3. Provide back-ups of source code hosted on GitHub
4. Support, if required, those who may not be able to use GitHub
Not in scope:
1. Issue tracking, documentation, and other services that GENIVI already hosts somewhere else.
In terms of timeline, we will first mirror GENIVI code and then upstream.