Connected Services Project (active)
Challenge: Enable the full data-oriented connected vehicle architecture
Enabling easy interoperability of parts, flexibilility and choice
Developing common solutions and software
Enabling access to all data we want to exchange
Controlling access to data
Enabling user privacy and data security
Facilitating business opportunities and contractual agreements
Agreeing on names, roles, responsibilities
Hypervisor Project (active)
Challenge: Efficient realization of the move from networked system to consolidated systems
- Extending / developing HV APIs e.g. starting from virtio. Potentials for cross-industry consolidation?
- Understanding where Common Interfaces are feasible and realistic
- For implementors who are interested: Surveying and analyzing available HV choices.
- Building the system stack with hypervisors and networked operating system instances
Challenge: Consistent distributed HMI experience across distributed and diverse multi-ECU systems.
- Top-level compositing across domains for the same physical display, with or without mixed safety levels
- Diverse operating systems and HMI technologies
- Distributed HMIs - Wayland/Waltham... other
- + Graphics transfer encoding/technology
Challenge: Too many choices, too much diversity, too much boiler-plate code, adaption layers, and incompatibility.
Survey and compare choices MQTT-style, WAMP, RESTful/Web technology and other messaging level protocols
Deep dive: SOME/IP - where is it applicable, and where is it not?
- Discuss and reach consensus.
Industry preferred options: Say, among 10-15 choices now, find 3-5 recommended (and for which scenarios they are recommended)
User Input Distribution and Coordination (likely a sub-project of Graphics Sharing & Distributed HMI Compositing)
Challenge: Multiple inputs, varying by car model, technology, etc. bound to very complex multi-modal user interactions.
- Complexity in encoding rules from input to effect
- Bounded latency guarantees, time identification
- Modes / modality and dynamic rules
Challenge: The complexity of debugging and running robustly automotive computing systems with today's constant connectivity, data distribution, consolidation/virtualization and cross-domain interactions.
Seeking out, evaluating, consolidating and recommending Tools and Standards that support development of virtualized or connected, distributed systems with cross-domain interactions.
Comprehensive list of identified projects
- Hypervisor solutions & low-level API standardization (virtio etc.)
- Generic Communication Protocol – for cross domain GNU-Linux / AUTOSAR / Android / other
- Including Safe network protocol (End-2-end, etc.)
- Graphics Transfer/Sharing
- Including Distributed HMI Compositing
- Input Handling Coordination
- System Health/Debugging/Analysis (incl. Log & Trace)
- Distributed System Lifecycle / Node State
- Network Traffic routing & accounting (priority/bandwidth/payment…)
- (Distributed) Audio management
- Distributed User / Login / Profile management
Domain Interaction Strategy Kick-Off - Materials
2 November, 2017.
Frequently Asked Questions
- FAQ (PDF)