Challenge: Efficient realization of the move from networked system to consolidated systems
- Extending / developing HV APIs e.g. starting from virtio. Potentials for cross-industry consolidation?
- Understanding where Common Interfaces are feasible and realistic
- For implementors who are interested: Surveying and analyzing available HV choices.
- Building the system stack with hypervisors and networked operating system instances
Challenge: Consistent distributed HMI experience across distributed and diverse multi-ECU systems.
- Top-level compositing across domains for the same physical display, with or without mixed safety levels
- Diverse operating systems and HMI technologies
- Distributed HMIs - Wayland/Waltham... other
- + Graphics transfer encoding/technology
Challenge: Too many choices, too much diversity, too much boiler-plate code, adaption layers, and incompatibility.
Survey and compare choices MQTT-style, WAMP, RESTful/Web technology and other messaging level protocols
Deep dive: SOME/IP - where is it applicable, and where is it not?
- Discuss and reach consensus.
Industry preferred options: Say, among 10-15 choices now, find 3-5 recommended (and for which scenarios they are recommended)
User Input Distribution and Coordination
Challenge: Multiple inputs, varying by car model, technology, etc. bound to very complex multi-modal user interactions.
- Complexity in encoding rules from input to effect
- Bounded latency guarantees, time identification
- Modes / modality and dynamic rules
Challenge: The complexity of debugging and running robustly automotive computing systems with today's constant connectivity, data distribution, consolidation/virtualization and cross-domain interactions.
Seeking out, evaluating, consolidating and recommending Tools and Standards that support development of virtualized or connected, distributed systems with cross-domain interactions.
Comprehensive list of identified projects
- Hypervisor solutions & low-level API standardization (virtio etc.)
- Generic Communication Protocol – for cross domain GNU-Linux / AUTOSAR / Android / other
- Including Safe network protocol (End-2-end, etc.)
- Graphics Transfer/Sharing
- Including Distributed HMI Compositing
- Input Handling Coordination
- System Health/Debugging/Analysis (incl. Log & Trace)
- Distributed System Lifecycle / Node State
- Network Traffic routing & accounting (priority/bandwidth/payment…)
- (Distributed) Audio management
- Distributed User / Login / Profile management