Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Next call: Sprint - weekly call - Thursday 18 July, 2019 - 9:30-10:15am CET

(on invitation only)

Weekly call - Thursday 11 July, 2019 - 9:30-10:15am CET

Participants:

  • itemis: Klaus Birken, Torsten Görg
  • Visteon: Giovanni Davide Vergine

Minutes:

  • User documentation

    • itemis has collected a set of topics that might be covered by the user documentation.
    • Decision: the user documentation shall be placed near to the tool implementation in the GitHub repository "https://github.com/GENIVI/franca_ara_tools".

Weekly call - Thursday 4 July, 2019 - 9:30-10:15am CET

Participants:

  • itemis: Klaus Birken, Torsten Görg
  • GENIVI: Philippe Robin, Gunnar Andersson
  • Visteon: Giovanni Davide Vergine

Minutes:

  • Torsten demonstrates the current state of the command line converter tool:

Weekly call - Thursday 27 June, 2019 - 9:30-10:15am CET

Participants:

  • itemis: Torsten Görg
  • GENIVI: Philippe Robin, Gunnar Andersson
  • Visteon: Giovanni Davide Vergine

Minutes:

  • Torsten demonstrates the current state of the command line converter tool:

Weekly call - Wednesday 19 June, 2019 - 9:30-10:15am CET

Participants:

  • itemis: Klaus Birken, Torsten Görg
  • GENIVI: Philippe Robin, Gunnar Andersson
  • Visteon: Giovanni Davide Vergine
  • Renault: Marc Bellanger

Minutes:

  • Torsten demonstrates the current state of the command line converter tool:

    • An initial version of the Eclipse product can be created manually.
    • Next step: Make the converter work in the context of this command line tool.

  • Klaus has started to set up the Maven build scripts.

  • Naming decisions:
    • The name of the command line tool is faracon.
    • The prefix "org.franca.connectors.ara" of the Eclipse project names and source code package names will be replaced by the prefix "org.genivi.faracon".
  • Discussion about testing:
    • The tool repository will encompass unit tests that are related to the Franca metamodel features as discussed in the previous meeting.
    • The tool repository might also contain integration tests to test more complex and realistic test cases. But these integration tests will test the functionalities of the converter tool only.
    • System tests for testing whole business use cases and that make use of additional tools (e.g., the CommonAPI generators) shall not be part of the tool repository and will be placed in another repository.

Weekly call - Thursday 13 June, 2019 - 9:30-10:15am CET

Participants:

  • itemis: Torsten Görg
  • GENIVI: Philippe Robin, Gunnar Andersson
  • Visteon: Giovanni Davide Vergine

Minutes:

  • Franca ARA converter showcase as a business use case of the new tool:

    • Gunnar will check if the current licence of the generated CommonAPI code allows a publication of the converter showcase or has to be adapted.

  • Torsten shows a refined suggestion for the handling of test cases, based on the discussion in the previous meeting:
  • Appropriate test case definitions with valid reference converter output are needed.
  • Update to Artop release 4.12:
    • The Artop server (www.artop.org) seems to be stable again.
    • The latest Artop Eclipse plugins could be successfully downloaded.
    • Nevertheless, these plugins should be mirrowed to avoid making Artop credentials publicly visible in the CI build scripts which will be stored in the GitHub repository.

  • Wrapping the existing prototypical converter in a command line tool is currently under progress.

  • Detailed requirements on the command line version of the Franca ARA converter:
    • Decision: just one executable for both conversion directions, not two separate executables.
    • Name of this executable?
    • Which additional command line option are required?
    • Giovanni will provide a first draft of a specification of these details.

Weekly call - Thursday 6 June, 2019 - 9:30-10:15am CET

Participants:

  • itemis: Torsten Görg
  • GENIVI: Gunnar Andersson
  • Visteon: Giovanni Davide Vergine
  • Renault: Marc Bellanger

Minutes:

  • Detailed project setup

    • itemis shows its refinement of the project setup in GitHub, based on the release plan that was discussed in the kickoff meeting.
    • itemis has created GitHub issues for the first sprint (for release 0.7).
    • In the MappingTable links to according GitHub issues have been added in a new column.
    • One GitHub issue usually covers multiple metamodel elements (lines in the MappingTable).
    • The new links can also be used to trace back from a GitHub issue to the according specification entries in the MappingTable.

  • Providing a command line interface
    • As the first development step, a command line interface will be added to the previously implemented converter prototype.
    • This will enable alpha testers (e.g., from Renault and Continental) to try out the current state of the converter more conveniently.

  • Testcases
    • Testcases should be linked to the MappingTable.
      • Additional column in the MappingTable with links to the according unit test source files.
      • itemis will define a naming schema for the unit test source files.
    • Specification of corner cases
      • Marc will provide additional information about corner cases that have to be tested.
      • Information about corner cases should be added either as comments in the according GitHub issue or as source code comments in the unit test source files (following the naming schema to be defined).
    • Test coverage
      • Gunnar requests to measure the test coverage.
      • A first approach to measure the test coverage could be to calculate the percentage of filled cells in the new MappingTable column for links to test case source files, as described above.

  • Update to AUTOSAR 19.03
  • Analysis of CommonAPI deployment specifications
    • As discussed in the GRPO meeting on 4th of June, 2019, the CommonAPI deployment specifications (for core and someip) can already be analyzed to prepare the conversion of deploment definitions.
    • The analyis of these deployment specification has been scheduled already for the current sprint.
    • The implementation of the according converter part will be done later in the project.

Kick-off meeting - 23 May 2019

Participants:

  • itemis: Klaus Birken, Torsten Görg
  • GENIVI: Philippe Robin, Gunnar Andersson
  • Visteon: Giovanni Davide Vergine
  • Renault: Marc Bellanger

Agenda:

  • presentation of project workplan and roadmap

Minutes:

  • review of slide deck (was updated online)

  • we change the roadmap a little bit and asked for a command line version of the transformation tool first, Eclipse based version will come later

  • itemis proposed to track the progress using github issue tracker, we agreed to keep things lightweight


  • No labels