The Franca+ source code can be built with Maven or in the Eclipse IDE.
Building with maven (no IDE)
- Prerequisite: git, maven (3.5) and jdk (1.8) installed
- Clone https://github.com/GENIVI/franca_plus
- Go to
- Start build with
mvn generate-sources install
- Find the executable product in product
Building with IDE
- Please follow the steps 1-2 described in the Franca-Quick-Install-Guide to download and set up Eclipse.
It is not required to download or build the Franca IDL source code!
- Clone and import the Franca+ source code
- in the package explorer select "Import..."->Git->Projects from Git" from https://github.com/GENIVI/franca_plus
- import all contained projects into your workspace
Building with Maven
- Check your maven configuration in the Eclipse preferences.
- Open the project
pom.xmland Run As Maven Build with the goals
Building with Eclipse IDE
- Select Project->Clean for all projects in workspace
- set up the target platform
- open org.francaplus.targetplatform->franca-luna.target in the Eclipse IDE
- wait some time until the target platform is resolved and you can see the plugin contents in the "Content" tab.
- click "Set as Target Platform" in top right corner of the editor window.
- Generate Java code from xtext/xtend
- open org.franca.compmodel.dsl->src->org.franca.compmodel.dsl
- select Run As->MWE2-Workflow->GenerateFComp
(if the mwe2 fails, try to create the folder
Run the product:
- open org.francaplus.product in the editor
- in the Overview tab click in the section Testing on "1. Synchronize" and then on "2. Launch an Eclipse application"