There are updates under way to a new setup, updating to latest version of Aktualizr. Be aware that the instructions here may be no longer relevant.
Aktualizr is RVI SOTA client written in the C++ programming language. It has replaced the RVI SOTA Client written in the Rust programming language in GENIVI Development Platform (GDP). Aktualizr is shipped by default with GDP.
- Login to https://sota.genivi.org/login (Ask GENIVI IT department for credentials if you don't have username and password).
- Select Vehicles from the navigation menu on the left side of the screen.
- Click NEW VIN.
- Enter a name for the new vehicle and click Add Vehicle. The new vehicle will be saved and will appear on the list below.
- Click on the name of the new vehicle from the list.
- Copy the UUID of the new vehicle from the URL.
- Build and boot GENIVI Development Platform (GDP) following the instructions from the wiki.
- Login to the device (via SSH or alternatively via USB to serial cable connected to the hardware).
- Edit /etc/sota.toml and save the UUID of the device generated from the web UI.
Restart the systemd service of Aktualizr:
Check the status and verify that Aktualizr has connected successfully to the RVI node:
- Go back the web UI and select Packages from the navigation menu.
- Click NEW PACKAGE.
- Fill in all details, upload a package and click Add PACKAGE.
- Click on the new package from the list of all packages.
- Click NEW CAMPAIGN.
- Fill in all details for the new campaign.
- Click Generate Update Id.
- Click Create Update.
- Select Updates from the navigation menu.
- Locate the package and click Details to check the status of the campaign.
Please allow up to 45 seconds for Aktualizr to load after restarting its systemd service