Study & discussions on lifecycle integration, uprade of layers and debugging go.cd build failures.
- Meetings and discussions, as usual.
- Studies and discussion on lifecycle integration.
- Tested Chromium work from Igalia. It works!
- Test GeChic screen.
- Trying out build with morty branches of poky, meta-oe & meta-ivi
- Helped Taha in debugging go.cd build failures. Tested removing all cache and downloads as suggested by Gunnar but no luck.
- Brief test of Gechic screen. Did not work out of the box, needs more testing.
- Studied systemd units and the lifecycle specification together with the work done by jonathanmaw.
- Tested GDP CI with Jenkins. It works fine.
Next Week Targets
- At least some of lifecycle Jira tickets to be resolved (e.g needed systemd targets).
- Gechic screen tested.
- morty branch investigation concluded.
Minutes from GDP Weekly Open Call on Jan 18, 2017
- Systemd work will be started this week
- The GPD team and Gunnar will meet this Friday
- Zeeshan has been testing the chromium port and given feedback to the developers. The resolution event call that does not happen is a problem that results in faulty resolution settings for the chromium app.
- The GeChic screen was briefly tested by the GDP team. Did not work out of the box on the porter board. Needs more testing.
- Zeeshan started testing poky morty. Got some traction but there are still ways to go.
- Discussions about what to focus on are posponed till next weeks meeting.
- Discussion about who determines if a component can be dropped from the GDP project. Gunnar says this needs to be synced up with all the stakeholders.
- Zeeshan proposes that GDP should be a part of Google summer of code and asks the meeting attendees to keep it in their mind.
- FOSDEM is in two weeks.
- Zeeshan will give a talk on the Saturday. Jeremiah will introduce Zeeshan to people who can assist in giving useful content to the talk.
- GDP dinner planed at Saturday night.
- Jeremiah suggest to remove unused build artifacts, such as ext4s. This would both save disk space and lessen the work done at release.