Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

 


 

Achievements

Main achievements:

 

Name

Epic/task

Date

Comment

GDP selected for Google Summer of Code  yay!
Renesas builds fixed in CI GDP-561 - Getting issue details... STATUS  Pull Request on github can now be automatically tested for build failures, again.

 

Activity Summary

Life-cycle integration work continues, Pull-request reviews, UI testing investigation, Google Summer of Code activities.

Description

Main activities

  • Zeeshan
    • Meetings and discussions, as usual (actually more than usual this week).
    • Broken Porter builds on Go.CD:  GDP-561 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • Reviewed many pull requests.
    • Helped Taha with figuring out tools and plan for automated UI testing:  GDP-563 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • Writing a script to make it easy to update submodules in main repository.
  • Viktor
    • Working with the GDP-HMI making it register as a NodeStateShutdown consumer at NodeStateManager. This is a prerequisite for making the applications that are run by the GDP-HMI NodeState aware.  GDP-570 - Getting issue details... STATUS

    • Trying out working with the SDE and pushing to target.  TOOL-60 - Getting issue details... STATUS

  • Taha
    • Doing research on behave + dogtail for automated GUI testing.
    • Started Amazon and Google Cloud services evaluation accounts.
    • Raspberyy Pi setup for pipelines view on a TV screen.
  • Changhyeok
    • Update GDP to baseline 12 in forked repo (qemux86-64) and need to modify commit messages.  GDP-550 - Getting issue details... STATUS

Other Activities

Next Week Targets

  • Get a GPLv3-free GDP  GDP-247 - Getting issue details... STATUS

 


GDP Open Weekly on March 1

ATTENDEES

  • Jeremiah Foster

  • Zeeshan Ali

  • Nick Contino

  • Philippe Robin

  • Stephen Lawrence

  • Viktor Sjölind

  • Taha Mohammed

  • Changhyeok Bae

  • Gunnar Andersson

  • John Ehrig

  • Steve Crumb

Minutes

  • Zeeshan working on pull requests, meeting and discussions

  • Automated UI testing, testing python-behave for use with Qt and QML. Results positive on the desktop, question on how it works on the target. Specific tickets created.

  • Squish examined as well but that requires a commercial license.

  • GENIVI’s GDP selected for Summer of Code, two students have already expressed interest.

  • Changyeok mentioned that there ought to be guidelines for meta-genivi-dev updates. Important to specify changes, Zeeshan working on a script with a commit for all the changes but deals with only one submodule

  • Squashing commits might be good too before pushing

  • Zeeshan will be away end of March

  • Viktor working on Node State Shutdown controller, part of GDP’s HMI that exercises lifecycle components

  • Taha working with a natural language called Gerkin and working with doctail, basically testing tools for the HMI in python

  • There may be some work already done with automated testing, Zeeshan to check with Codethink

  • Keeping the Go agents synched is a priority

  • Discussion on different cloud services and the steps being taken to use them

  • If anyone has any more ideas for GSoC projects please let Zeeshan know but we already have a lot projects or at least a sufficient number. Still looking for mentors. Projects can have multiple mentors.

  • Testing the SDE -- there are unassigned tickets in TOOL-60 that the GDP team may be able to take up.

  • TOOL-60 shared

  • Discussion on an issue in the Renesas Porter build

New Business

  • Discussion on unifying board support packages for Renesas hardware in AGL and GENIVI. GENIVI working to support a single BSP.

  • Further discussion was had in the BIT meeting today

  • Steve spoke with Claus-Peter about the timing for a full scan of the GDP using blackduck tooling. Do we want to do that scan early, middle, or after release?

  • Gunnar: well, we have two different aspects; what Yocto tells us and what blackduck tells us.

  • Stephen: scanning does turn up upstream issues.

  • Steve: We’re looking to have a cost-effective use of the blackduck tooling, hence the original question.

  • Consensus seems to be that we’ll use Yocto flags and fossology to do due diligence before release and once there is a frozen release or release candidate then we’ll do the blackduck scan.

  • Discussion on manning a “GDP experience” space at the upcoming AMM.

  • Leon working on bringing aktualizr to GDP. Planning to fix based on suggestions from Changyeok.

Reports