The purpose of this document is to explain how to setup the RPi3 hardware and install the GENIVI Development Platform (GDP) on the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3.
Detailed hardware specifications for the Raspberry Pi 2 are are available here.
Detailed hardware specifications for the Raspberry Pi 3 are are available here.
The software installation instructions for Release Candidate 3 (for the Raspberry Pi 3) are the same as for Release Candidate 2, only the downloaded image name has changed.
Please see the frequently asked questions if you have a question about set up.
Download or build
- Raspberry Pi 2 or 3 Board
- AC adapter
- Wired Mouse (Current, wireless mouse and keyboard isn't recognized)
- 16 GB SD-card
- LAN Cable
- HDMI Cable
- Touchscreen monitor with HDMI connector (known to work reference) The official 7" touchscreen now also can be used. (A non touchscreen monitor paired with a USB mouse can also be used)
or Monitor with HDMI connector.
Deployment on Raspberry Pi 2, 3 (SD Card)
On the host
- Connect your sdcard in your linux machine.
- Copy output image from build machine to linux machine that is connected your sdcard. (Often, those are same machines)
- Raspberry Pi 2: genivi-dev-platform-raspberrypi2.rpi-sdimg
- Raspberry Pi 3: genivi-dev-platform-raspberrypi3.rpi-sdimg
- Flash output image to your sdcard with root user.
$ sudo dd if=[output image] of=[sdcard device] bs=1M status=progress
- Connect your sdcard to raspberry pi 2 or 3
Default User / password is root / root
Difference between Raspberry Pi 2 and 3