Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Next Meeting - Tuesday 17 December - 5pm CET

Zoom dial-in

https://zoom.us/j/499263988

Dial by your location

Meeting ID: 499 263 988

 Click here to expand...

France

+33 7 5678 4048
+33 1 7037 9729

Germany

+49 69 7104 9922
+49 30 3080 6188
+49 30 5679 5800

Sweden

+46 850 539 728
+46 8 4468 2488

United Kingdom

+44 203 966 3809
+44 203 051 2874
+44 203 481 5237
United States

   +1 646 876 9923

   +1 669 900 6833

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aCAyOAcT6

Agenda (proposal)

Agenda items (to be prioritized at the beginning of the call)

  • Android Compatibility Definition Document
  • Software architectural task force : Vehicle Data architecture for Android
  • F2F meeting organization - date planning - look here
  • Backlog
    • Comparison of how vehicle properties are managed by Android 9 and 10 (Q) - further inputs
    • question to address in the group: what do participating companies intend to do with the JAPI (Java API similar to CommonAPI for Android) ? this building block is currently missing
    • Signal to service translation
    • Secure access control in Some/IP
  • AOB

Tuesday 3 December - 5pm CET

Participants

  • Stefan, Piotr, Gunnar, Guru, Johan, Pete, Stephen L, Sachin, Viet-Ahn, Philippe, 10 participants
  • apologies: Alexander

Agenda

  • Permission schemes
  • Android Compatibility Definition Document (skipped to next call)
  • Software architectural task force : Vehicle Data architecture for Android
  • Next events: calls and F2F meeting organization - date planning - look here
  • Backlog
    • question to address in the group: what do participating companies intend to do with the JAPI (Java API similar to CommonAPI for Android) ? this building block is currently missing

Minutes

Permission schemes

  • Stefan presents this deck
  • .Sachin: I understood that the properties are not stable yet, do we still need to investigate  properties further ?

  • Stefan: there is only one way to customize the permission via the CAR_VENDOR_EXTENSION, we need to understand this comprehensively

  • discussion follows followed by discussion on implementation

Vehicle Data architecture for Android

  • Philippe: how to relate this to the architectural concepts identified already  ? can someone do some work before EoY ?answer seems to be everyone busy with CES.

Backlog

  • Gunnar introduces shorlty the topic of developing jointly a component implementing Java APIs for Androif

Next events

  • next calls are scheduled on Tuesday 17 December a,d Tuesday 14 January
  • F2F meeting: participation table is here. Please fill it on

Tuesday 19 November - 5pm CET

Participants

  • Sachin, Gunnar, Gerald, Piotr, Pontus, Stefan, Viet-ahn, Guru, Alexander, Philippe
  • Apologies: Johan, Pete,

Minutes

  • Summary of Tech Summit and discussion about the latest architecture pictures.
    • Gunnar shows the update on the architecture made during last week's workshop in Detroit

    • Pictures are included in the (commented) Tech Summit slide deck attached to this page.
  • Proposal for organizing a second F2F meeting before EoY, meeting could possibly hosted by Tieto in Poland
  • /TODO/ Gunnar create a duddle to gather the possible meeting dates and then send the date and other requirements for the meeting to Viet-Ahn
  • /TODO/ Gunnar create a wiki page to gather the inputs and outcome of discussion on the architectural design
  • Alex: we need to identify the building blocks in the architecture diagrams
  • Alex: for instance we need to add the authorization / permission scheme stuff, one approach is to reuse Google permission scheme
  • discussion on ServiceIds in Android
  • Stefan: posts the following link: http://androidxref.com/9.0.0_r3/xref/packages/services/Car/service/src/com/android/car/hal/PropertyHalServiceIds.java
  • Sachin: I would recommend that we look for what we are violated from Google ? what contradicts the certification requirements of the CTS ? IMHO we need to have to look at the level of the standardized requirements that the CTS checks

  • Stefan: IMHO we are not violating anything but a way to check it is to look at the Android Compatibility Definition Document:  https://source.android.com/compatibility/cdd
  • Assignment of work items (for the next meeting)

    1. how permission schemes are managed for custom properties, how access control is managed, vendor extension of the permission (assigned to: Stefan)
    2. reviewing the someip identity and access management,  GPRO has already reviewed this, they need to provide their review results to the Vehicle HAL project (assigned to: GPRO participants)
    3. review of the Android Compatibility Definition Document (assigned to: Sachin)

22 October 2019

slide deck

Minutes in Word

8 October 2019

slide deck

Minutes in Word

25 September 2019

Minutes in Word

10 September 2019

Minutes in Word

VSS-to-SomeIP

28 August 2019

Minutes in Word

Vehicle_Properties_Architecture

VSS presentation (warning) NOTE the current VSS is not at the link listed in this presentation.  It is now stored at https://github.com/GENIVI/vehicle_signal_specification

13 August 2019

Minutes in Word

30 July 2019 Project Kickoff Meeting

Minutes in Word

  • No labels