Users can build Chromium together with the GDP using the chromium branch available in the genivi-dev-platform/tree/chromium repository. Check that specific branch out, then follow GDP instructions normally.
Status of hardware support:
- Minnowboard: working
- R-Car gen 3: working
- Raspberry Pi: run-time crash
- Dragonboard: build finishes successfully, not tested on real hardware
- Instructions to setup Chromium on multi-seat (external link).
- Presentation in GENIVI AMM May 2017: Integration of the Chromium Browser in the GENIVI Platform (slides).
- Presentation in GENIVI AMM May 2017: Update on the Open Source Browser Space (slides).
- Presentation in GENIVI AMM October 2015: Building Chromium on an embedded platform using Ozone-Wayland (slides).