The purpose of a common Media Manager API is to provide applications a way to control basic playback of contents of connected CE devices in a unified way. That way applications can support a wider range of available devices / media without implementing separate solutions for each one. At a later point in time this API can be extended to support more advanced features like
- metadata of playing media
- browsing of device content
- Indexing of device content
Media Manager is composed of 3 main areas.
- Media Control Play Pause etc. inc feedback for status play time etc.
- Media Indexer incuding Metadata discovery
- Media Browser Directory and Metadata Browsing - Artist album etc.
- Media Manager GIT can be found here
- Media Manager Mailing List can be found here
- Bug Tracker - Bugzilla
Current state of Franca interfaces
The most recent state of the Franca interfaces can be found in the | media-manager-interfaces repository hosted on the GENIVI git. More specifically:
- Player interface: http://git.projects.genivi.org/?p=media-manager-interfaces.git;a=blob;f=fidl/org/genivi/MediaManager/Player.fidl
- Browser interface: http://git.projects.genivi.org/?p=media-manager-interfaces.git;a=blob;f=fidl/org/genivi/MediaManager/Browser.fidl
- Indexer: http://git.projects.genivi.org/?p=media-manager-interfaces.git;a=blob;f=fidl/org/genivi/MediaManager/Indexer.fidl