Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Agenda

- Confluence progress
- Build Tools
- UML Modeling
- Debugging and Analysis
- Automated Testing
- Source mirroring
- CommonAPI 3.1.x setup using gunnarx/franca_install_automation
- AOB

ACTION: PS transfer trello cards to Jira

ACTION: PS write on code review options for CI

ACTION: PS request panel members on list

ACTION: Jeremiah to check with Yocto upstream wrt mirroring approach 

 

paulsherwood== jeni V tools team meeting starts :) ==13:00
paulsherwoodHi all13:00
gunnarxgmacario - always good with details13:00
paulsherwoodI'm hoping others will type today13:00
paulsherwoodany volunteers to lead?13:00
*** philrob has joined #automotive13:00
* paulsherwood notices he takes faster by voice, though13:00
gunnarxI can type...13:01
paulsherwoodTVM13:01
*** steve_l has joined #automotive13:01
paulsherwoodshall we do the new agenda item first gmacario ?13:01
gmacarioNo problem, I have no urgency on that13:01
paulsherwoodCommonAPI 3.1.x setup using gunnarx/franca_install_automation13:01
gunnarxShould I walk through an agenda Paul?13:02
gunnarxgmacario, you can start.13:02
gmacarioOK so just wanted to get a confirmation about the proper working of CommonAPI C++ 3.1.3 setup using gunnarx/franca_install_automation13:02
paulsherwoodwhat is the issue?13:03
gmacarioI am successfully using Franca 0.10 tools using a slightly forked version of gunnarx/franca_install_automation to make it work on my corporate laptop using Windows 713:03
*** pavelk has joined #automotive13:03
gunnarxgmacario, OK, hang on let me check.13:03
gmacarioUnfortunately gunnarx/franca_install_automation does not currently support Winows (yet), I have submitted a couple of PR to Gunnar to fix the master branch13:04
gunnarxI think the cpp_common_api branch should be working now13:04
klausbirkenI did some tests a while ago… it worked then. But when I tested, the automation only installed the CommonAPI generators into Eclipse. It doesn't install all the runtime libs etc.13:04
gunnarxgmacario, sorry I've only seen the bug you found (missing URL for franca examples).  Haven't looked into Windows issues.13:05
klausbirkenI think this isn't the scope of the automation project, anyway.13:05
gmacarioBut then I realized that cpp_common_api relies on franca 0.9.1 and Eclipse luna13:05
gmacarioRather than franca 0.10 and Eclipse mars13:05
gunnarxklausbirken, runtime libs are on target, no?  Or what use case are you considering_13:05
klausbirkenCompatibility map: https://github.com/franca/franca/wiki/Compatibility-Overview13:05
gmacarioSo questions (for Klaus and/or Manfred) are the following:13:05
KlausUhlYes, that is true. The CommonAPI tools have not been ported/migrated to Franca > 0.9.1 (i.e. 0.10 in particular).13:05
gmacario1. According to http://projects.genivi.org/commonapi/blog/2015/07/ipc-commonapi-313-released, CommonAPI C++ 3.1.3 requires Franca 0.9.1. Is 0.9.2 supported as well?13:06
KlausUhlNo.13:06
gmacario2. How about franca 0.10? If not, which release of CommonAPI C++ will support it?13:06
klausbirkenI try to maintain a compatibility map on the Franca site.13:06
KlausUhlFranca 0.9.2 has broken some APIs.13:06
gunnarxgmacario, "which release ... will support it" -- ask on genivi-ipc.  Not sure we have the CAPI devs here to answer?13:06
paulsherwoodokay are there some actionsfrom this?13:07
paulsherwoodfor tools team13:07
KlausUhlgunnarx: Manfred should be able to answer that. But I am not sure if he is here.13:07
gunnarxOK, so to get some structure to the meeting again (helping paulsherwood), try finishing up the discussion within 1 minute...13:07
paulsherwoodManfred is not here today13:07
klausbirkengunnarx: You need an environment to build the code generated by CommonAPI. This includes installed dbus, CommonAPI libs/includes, etc.13:07
gmacariogunnarx: If you are interested in adding support to Windows 7 & Cygwin for gunnarx/franca_install_automation I may submit you a PR - or just pull from here: https://github.com/gmacario/franca_install_automation/tree/devel13:07
paulsherwoodthanks gunnarx :)13:08
gunnarxgmacario, can you ask on genivi-ipc the remaining questions?13:08
gmacarioSure I can13:08
gunnarxYes, thanks when I have time I will take a look.13:08
klausbirkengmacario: Check out the link to the compatibility matrix above…13:08
gunnarx-- next topic ---13:08
* steve_l draws a rats nest that looks like the threads of this discussion13:08
paulsherwoodgunnarx: ok rest of agenda from here https://genivi-oss.atlassian.net/wiki/display/TOOL/TT-minutes-2015092813:08
gunnarxsteve_l, it's a firehose, feel free to join in.  Next topic coming up...13:09
* paulsherwood sees some people have been updating conference13:09
gunnarx-- Confluence progress --13:09
gunnarxjreplogle here?  No.13:10
paulsherwoodJoel is not here was anything said at PMO13:10
gunnarxdon't remember.  let me check minutes13:10
steve_lrecall Joel showed a new (final?) layout proposal13:10
paulsherwoodhttps://genivi-oss.atlassian.net/wiki/display/WIK4/Project+Clusters ?13:11
gunnarxMinutes state that we are doing:  (full) migration from media wiki / triggering of wiki populating13:11
paulsherwoodI think that will take some time13:11
gunnarxSo, next step might be, assign an action for someone to go through the current wiki, contact maintainers (creators) of each page, in case they have not yet transferred and ask if they can.13:11
gunnarxpaulsherwood, we don't have automated migration right?13:12
paulsherwoodI don't know about you folks I've already spent too much time on this migration13:12
paulsherwoodno not automated13:12
gunnarxnot constructive ;)13:12
*** manfred_ has joined #automotive13:13
paulsherwoodme or the wiki?13:13
gunnarxOK, any takers for the action I outlined above?13:13
paulsherwoodI can't do it this week I have to prepare for elce13:13
gunnarxNo takers.  Shall I ask Jeremiah for this?13:14
paulsherwoodI think it should be Joel :)13:14
gunnarxI think you're right actually13:14
gunnarxOK, I'll ask Joel via email or tomorrow's meeting13:14
gunnarxNext topic...13:14
gunnarx--- Build Tools13:14
gunnarx---13:15
gunnarxI'll give this one a few minutes and jump back to klausbirken comment.13:15
gunnarxmanfred_, klausbirken : Klaus you mentioned common API runtime is needed.  You seem to envision testing out the code on the host / SDK system rather than target then?13:15
klausbirkenI do the build on the SDK system. But if you test it on target, you still have to run the build.13:16
*** joelreplogle has joined #automotive13:16
gunnarxmanfred_, could you clarify what the SDK/host system needs?13:16
gunnarx(or klausbirken)13:17
klausbirkenIf the build does cross compile on the SDK system, the CommonAPI installation will be needed, too.13:17
gunnarxpaulsherwood, while we wait, is CIAT under this topic or "Automated Testing"?13:17
paulsherwoodI don't know13:17
paulsherwoodpreviously automated testing I think13:17
paulsherwoodbut it involves building obviously13:18
gunnarxklausbirken, OK.  But then all we need is really the full yocto SDK, it should cover CommonAPI as well as everything else cross compile relatred13:18
gunnarxdo you agree?13:18
klausbirkenYes, agree. At least you need a lot of stuff which might be already included in yocto SDK.13:18
gunnarxOK, fair enough.  I'd say it's on the roadmap. pull requests welcome :-)13:19
gunnarxIs nick manfred_ = Common API developer Manfred?13:19
manfred_yes13:19
gunnarxComments on the question?    Anyway it's time to move on soon...13:19
manfred_* just having a phone call and an irc chat in parallel13:19
gunnarxOK, then we move on13:19
gunnarxcomments/questions?  next topic in 10s13:20
klausbirkengunnarx: You mentioned roadmap..13:20
gunnarxyes? :)13:20
klausbirkenon the francax_installation_automation roadmap? Or yocto SDK?13:20
gunnarxfranca automation - I mean it ought to install an SDK ideally13:20
gunnarxcould be just someone else's project that is brought reused in this context...13:21
klausbirkenOk… this would be fine. I can provide a list of manual steps which I had to do in order to get a running build.13:21
manfred_ok host system requirements are jdk 7, gcc > 4.7 etc as documented in the public confluence wiki13:21
paulsherwoodklausbirken: why not a script to do the steps?13:21
gunnarxklausbirken, please send them to me.13:21
klausbirkengunnarx: ok.13:21
gunnarxpaulsherwood, that's what I mean is the roadmap.  Next topic?13:22
gunnarx-- CIAT --13:22
manfred_pleas have a look at build howto  at https://genivi-oss.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=547231613:22
gunnarxpaulsherwood, codethink have set up a baserock continuous build13:22
paulsherwoodyup13:23
gunnarxanyone, feedback on codethink's initiative so far?13:23
steve_lgood to see practical example13:24
steve_lnot looked at details.13:24
paulsherwoodgunnarx: I'm expecting you don't actually have time to work on this at code level?13:25
steve_lLooking forward wonder to what extent CIAT can be done largely under single approach for both baselines or if the different requirements will in effect require 2 systems13:25
paulsherwoodI think that depends on bitbake contributors13:26
gunnarxpaulsherwood, you're probably right.  more concepts, like I did for the GENIVI project maybe.13:27
paulsherwoodwhich genivi project?13:27
gunnarxnot sure if now is the time to flesh out details - input from others on the approach for doing this with bitbake13:27
gunnarxs/GENIVI project/GDP project/13:27
CTtpollardI'd like to see the genivi-demo-platform be handled by CIAT in some form13:28
steve_lnot sure what is considered to be missing. bitbake build is known and mirroring has been described. Are we saying we need ppl to implement yocto side?13:28
paulsherwoodit already is13:28
paulsherwoodthe baserock version13:29
paulsherwoodsteve_l: yes13:29
CTtpollardpaulsherwood: I was referring to the sub modules yocto repo13:29
paulsherwoodCTtpollard: that's what you meant that you said :)13:29
gunnarxCTtpollard, absolutely, that's a goal.  Anyone have input on this?13:30
gunnarxpaulsherwood, should we defer a longer discussion to after the meeting so we can get through the agenda?13:30
gunnarx(if you have time)13:30
paulsherwoodsure13:30
paulsherwoodmaybe a voice call :)13:30
gunnarxOK, when meeting ends we repeat / flesh out the CIAT details.  Yes a telephone conference not a bad idea maybe.13:31
gunnarxNext topic in 10s....13:31
gunnarx3,2,1...13:31
gunnarx-- UML modeling --13:31
klausbirkenNo major news from Franca, preparation for Eclipse-migration ongoing.13:32
gunnarxOK thanks.  Don't remember if we had any actions here.  The floor is open for anyone to jump in.13:32
klausbirkenAny news on EA, Franca validation, CommonAPI, ...?13:32
gunnarxmanfred_ maybe?13:32
manfred_approval is at my boss...13:33
gunnarxETA?13:33
manfred_i would expect it a quick one13:33
pavelkapproval for what?13:34
manfred_the Franca Validator patches, Franca UML MDG and some more JScripts for EA13:34
pavelkAh, ok, thanks for the clarification13:35
gunnarxOK, sounds interesting.  Then we'll wait with anticipation.    Next topic?13:35
gunnarxAny more on UML,... 3,2,1...13:35
gunnarx--- Debugging and Analysis ---13:35
gunnarxAgain not sure if we have open actions.  paulsherwood the trello cards?13:36
paulsherwoodI didn't copy them so far I don't think so13:36
gunnarxok13:36
paulsherwoodthis topic wasn't on the agenda when we used trello13:36
paulsherwoodbut it's in the charter13:36
gunnarxThe only thing I can share is similar to before, I've been toying with the idea of some tools going into the SDK image, e.g. static analysis and such...13:37
paulsherwoodmakes sense13:37
gunnarxklausbirken, manfred_, and others if you have any good eclipse setup to share - it's just adding it to the automated setup.  Any eclipse package can be added...13:37
gunnarxObviously, don't wait for me to implement it all - you will wait too long.   Contributions welcome :)13:38
gunnarxFollow gmacario's example, try it and send bug reports and pull requests...13:38
klausbirkenYes, I already provided pull reqs for this and will do that again in future (when there is something which should be in there).13:38
gunnarxOK, moving on?13:38
gunnarx--- - Automated Testing - ---13:39
paulsherwoodCIAT is now doing this13:39
gunnarxI think action, or report lies with Jeremiah?13:40
paulsherwoodso next step could be to integrate Jeremiahs template for tests13:40
gunnarxGreat, what tests are being run (summary)?13:40
steve_lThink Jeremiah has been looking more towards AGL infra due to lack of Yocto bring up in TT13:40
gunnarxI guess that's visible somewhere13:40
gunnarxthe tests that run I mean13:40
paulsherwoodjust basic boot tests13:40
paulsherwoodno framework yet13:40
paulsherwoodbut the idea is multiple frameworks iirc13:41
gunnarxsteve_l, can you define lack of Yocto bring up in TT?13:41
steve_lno Yocto based CIAT13:41
gunnarxpaulsherwood, OK, got it.  Still quite useful.13:41
paulsherwoodsteve_l: AGL doesn't have one either13:41
gunnarxAlright, all topics boil down to the same thing :)13:42
steve_lthe only work seems to be occuring on Baserock side13:42
paulsherwoodyet13:42
steve_lhave not looked at it but ML traffic suggests otherwise13:42
paulsherwoodthe work is generic it's only the build tooling that baserock-only so far iiuc13:42
steve_lgood to hear13:42
gunnarxwe all agree to share solutions in this area too...13:43
gunnarxIf some small race or competition leads to solutions appearing faster, that's great.  But we should of course share the tech.13:43
paulsherwoodAGL has a jenkins now for ci, not sure about testing sofar13:43
gunnarxyup13:43
paulsherwoodI don't want to use Jenkins again13:43
paulsherwoodmyself :)13:43
gunnarxOK, I'm ready to move on?13:43
paulsherwoodyup13:43
gunnarxI feel the same for Gerrit. I really want to use the same tech as AGL, yet I also don't really like the feel of Gerrit :13:44
gunnarx:(13:45
paulsherwoodno realistic alternative today13:45
paulsherwoodbut soon... :)13:45
gunnarxI smell another deferred discussion? :)13:45
gunnarxMoving on?13:45
paulsherwoodcommandline tools for Gerrit are okay13:45
paulsherwoodok13:45
gunnarxNext topic is Source Mirroring, I propose to defer it to the post-meeting discussion.13:46
paulsherwoodokay13:46
gunnarxThat's the final topic.  franca_install_automation was covered.13:46
gunnarxAOB?13:46
paulsherwoodjust a note ELCE is next week... See you folks there?13:47
paulsherwoodtools meeting may not happen13:47
gunnarxYeah, I missed, waiting for paulsherwood to write up on code review tools :)  (or maybe it'll be dictation now... :-/ )13:47
gunnarxOK, maybe TT postponed.  I won't be at ELCE though.  It sucks I know :(13:48
gunnarxAny other other business?13:48
paulsherwoodnot for me13:48
steve_lno13:48
gunnarxOK, quick backtrack to confluence as last topic, joelreplogle joined.13:48
paulsherwoodjoelreplogle: any news on confluence?13:49
gunnarxjoelreplogle:  Could we (you?) go through the old Wiki and help encourage each page to be transferred?13:49
gunnarxjoelreplogle, confirm that we have no automatic transfer?13:49
gunnarxmeeting ends in ...13:50
gunnarx== GENIVI Tools Team Meeting End ==
  • No labels