Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

17th AMM October 2017

15th AMM October 2016


 Tools Team working session

Tools Team Working Session

We are tracking the tasks related with the Tools Team working session at the 15th AMM here  TOOL-116 - Getting issue details... STATUS

Agenda

Day: Thursday Oct 20th

Time: 16:15 to 17:30

  • Tools
    • Go.cd (first topic).
    • SDK
    • Current Franca and YAMAICA status
    • EB solys: Elektrobit contribution
    • UML
  • GENIVI infrastructure and services
    • Current status.
    • Work to do during the next cycle.
    • GDP needs
    • Infrastructure capacity
      • Build -> go.cd
      • Testing
      • Deployment
  • Tools Team charter

Minutes

Participants

  • Philippe Colliot
  • Philippe Robin
  • Jeremiah Foster
  • Klaus B.
  • Stephen L.
  • Agustin B.B.
  • Torsten (Elektrobit)
  • Sebastian (Elektrobit)
  • Andrea from LG

Franca

  • Mature project. 6 years old.

Common API and Jamaica

  • Klaus talked to BMW maintainers
  • BMW is using it in production project: mid of 2018
  • No new features until then, just fixes.
  • Current version 3.1.9
  • They use GitHub after going through legal review.
  • Jamaica still not pushed to Github
  • Klaus will add here the report.

Elektrobit contribution

  • Discussion about how to start working with GENIVI since the tools has two different parts, one Open Source and one (host) proprietary. GENIVI program would be the first step.
  • Discussion about where to host the sources for the project. Mozilla license 2.0 is the preferred license at this point. It will be confirmed.
  • Philippe sent a mail to Steve about the GENIVI program for this case.

UML

Maintainer not present

Infrastructure and services: status and roadmap

  • Jeremiah shows some slides. The slides will be linked here.

GDP needs

  • Agustin show some slides with some needs.  GDP-446 - Getting issue details... STATUS  This task will include the requests for inmprovments related with services and infrastructure.

Tools Team summary

Unknown User (toscalix) as Tools Team lead needs to prepare a presentation (4 to 5 slides) summarizing the activity of the Tools Team. In order to do that it is required the collaboration of all Tools Teams Members. Please read below what is required.

Accomplishments

Please add some bullet points related with the accomplishments you want to report about in your area.

  • Franca: published release 0.11.0 in July 2016, highlights:
    • transformations from OMG IDL (aka Corba) and Google Protobuf to Franca IDL
    • framework support for building standalone (command-line) generators and transformations
    • support for building validators for deployment models

In progress

Please add some bullet points related with what is currently going on in your area

  • IVI development: Research project for building Integrated Specification Environment, covering Franca, safety/security, performance analysis
  • Franca: updating documentation and training material

Future focus.

Please add some bullet points related with what you will work on the coming 6 months.

  • IoNAS: migrate sources of transformation from AUTOSAR svn server to artop.org
  • Franca: finalize Franca for Integrated Specification Environment (based on MPS)

Other content

Please also add the following information:

  • Sessions you have at the AMM. Remeber that we will advertise the coming sessions, so add yours.
  • Link to slides, release announcements or wiki pages you want to include

2016-10-19, 14:00-14:45: Klaus Birken, Modeling Interfaces with Franca - Introduction and Update

2016-10-19, 14:45-15:15: Torsten Mosis, Are your interfaces used as expected? Validate D-Bus messages with Franca deployment models

and EB solys

2016-10-19, 16:30-17:30: Klaus Birken, Knowing your System - Executable Specifications for IVI Product Lines 


14th AMM in Paris April 2016

The ticket related to this topic is TOOL-54 - Getting issue details... STATUS

Tools Team Sessions

Expert Groups status overview: Tools Team

Tuesday April 26th at 10:30

Length: 20 minutes

Table of contents

  • Tools Team overview: charter and members
  • Tool Team highlights
  • Status: go.cd
  • Status: GDP ADK/SDK
  • Status: Git Strategy
  • Status: Download infrastructure
  • Status: other topics
  • Conclusions
  • The future


Slides

Testing

The tools team plans to add automated testing to the CI. See TOOL-24 - Getting issue details... STATUS

Related BIT work

BIT members have been working on two areas that should be useful for the testing topic in the Tools Team:

  • meta-ivi-test: The Yocto Baseline maintainer has created and published a new layer that pulls together the packages needed to run tests on the Genivi components
  • LAVA Prototype: An Renesas R-Car M2 Porter board is being integrated into the Collabora LAVA test farm to allow a prototype to be created . See TOOL-39 - Getting issue details... STATUS

Topics

Topics for discussion:

  1. Delivery
    1. Is it useful to package the tests and enable a package manager so the extra packages needed for testing, e.g. the additions from meta-ivi-test, can simply be installed into an existing image?

Tools Team F2F

  • Testing -> Stephen
  • Migration to Github: - > Jeremiah TOOL-69 - Getting issue details... STATUS TOOL-24 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • Go CD -> Gunnar (first in agenda please)
  • Software Development Environment -> Gunnar (first in agenda please)
    • Building Eclipse with the tools we need (Franca, CommonAPI)
    • Qt, DLT, D-feet, ...
    TOOL-65 - Getting issue details... STATUS TOOL-60 - Getting issue details... STATUS

  • Download infrastructure -> Agustin and Jeremiah
    • Why

      • Needed for releases

    • Features:

      • High storage capacity

      • Should track downloads and updates

      • Allow mirror servers (p2p and ftp)

Link to the minutes of the Tools Team f2f meeting at 14th AMM