The GENIVI Development Platform Delivery Team is happy to announce the first pre-release of GDP 11, the new version of the platform for automotive Open Source developers.
This beta release represents a major update for most upstream software in GDP compared to the previous release GDP-ivi9. Yocto has been updated from version 1.8 (fido) to the latest stable Yocto release, 2.1 (Krogoth). Qt moved from version 5.4.2 to Qt 5.6.0. Several relevant updates on key automotive components are also included. Some of those come with meta-ivi 11. GDP for the very first time ships a development version of meta-ivi so professionals interested in some of the components that follow GENIVI specifications can test them, helping GENIVI Expert Groups to improve them. GDP also ships some other updated automotive specific components beyond meta-ivi like NAVIT, or tools requested by users. Last but not least, GDP 11 beta includes Fuel Stop Adviser (FSA), a new demo application.
You can download the GDP 11 Beta port for QEMU target only from the GDP Download page. Ports to different target boards will be delivered in the next pre-release. The final GDP 11 release is scheduled for mid September, around the same dates that the new release of meta-ivi 11 is expected, on time for the GENIVI 15th AMM.
To make GDP great, testing is welcome. Feel free to download GDP 11 beta or build it from scratch from Master. Then tell us what is suitable for improvements or file a bug report.
- GDP Download page: download the GDP 11 Beta binaries, metadata and artifacts
- GDP 11 feature page: description of what comes with this pre-release.
- GDP 11 beta port to QEMU: instructions about how to build/download and run GDP 11 beta for QEMU.
- GDP Releases: links to other resources related with GDP releases.
- Yocto 2.1 release notes and software packages included: information about upstream code and recipies that are part of this pre-release.