- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Table of Contents maxLevel 3
What is the GENIVI Development Platform?
The GENIVI Development Platform is an Open Source project for automotive with three main goals;
- Deliver a system developers can use to create software components for automotive.
- A platform focused on automotive use cases to enable developers to create applications and demos targeting the industry.
- A starter kit that can be downloaded and customized for different hardware focused on automotive use cases.
Where are we going next?
- Stakeholders can constantly reprioritize the project backlog but for a brief intro consider the GDP-Next presentation.
To achieve these goals, GDP has two main deliverables from the official project, plus spins.
- GDP Releases: images released regularly to make the integrated software easy to consume.
- GDP Master: integration point where more experienced developers can build from scratch their own images.
- GDP Spins are endorsed variations of GDP developed by other teams/companies to show off a unique HMI or application standard.
How do I contribute to the GENIVI Development Platform?
The GENIVI Development Platform is a public GENIVI OSS project, developed in the open so any individual is welcome to contribute. If you are interested in becoming a contributor:
- Subscribe to the mailing list (strongly recommended)
- Messages concerning GDP to genivi-projects mailing list should start the subject with: [GDP].
- Join us in the IRC channel #automotive in irc.freenode.net (strongly recommended).
- We are in Github
- Get an account on GDP bugs tracker. Since this tool is also used to manage the GDP delivery, please make sure to report your bugs using the Issue Type "bug".
- Yes but, where is the code?
How do I follow the GDP Delivery?
In order to follow the activity of the current GDP delivery team please check the following resources:
- GDP Roadmap page. Check what is planned for coming versions.
- You can follow the work in progress and the project evolution in the following links:
- GDP Delivery Team Kanban Board, specially recommended for those who follow the project closely.
- Status reports page, specially recommended for those who follow the project on regular basis (weekly, monthly...)
- GDP team meeting minutes: GDP meeting minutes
- GDP Delivery Dashboard, recommended for those interested in further analysis or follow the project occasionally.
- In order to understand how the delivery and maintenance of GDP is done, please read the GDP Status Reports wiki page.
Check what others have to say about GDP and about our presence in events in GDP Out There
How do I usethe GDP for development?
We recommend you start with the GDP Software Development Environment (coming soon), if you want a ready-to-run environment with the most common host tools already installed.
GDP wiki pages
<a class="twitter-timeline" href="https://twitter.com/GENIVIAlliance?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">Tweets by GENIVIAlliance</a> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
About GENIVI Alliance
GENIVI® is a nonprofit industry alliance committed to driving the broad adoption of specified, open source, In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) software. The alliance develops an open standard for aligning automotive and consumer infotainment cycles. Our work results in shortened development cycles, faster time to market, and reduced costs for companies developing IVI software. For more information, check GENIVI website.