|Table of Contents|
What is GDP Master?
The GDP Master is essentially a rolling release that holds the layers, recipes, and source code to build the GENIVI Development Platform. It is the "latest and greatest" software that is the basis for the versioned releases happening twice a year. These versioned releases are supported from the date of release to following release. The "Master" rolling release is largely unstable and used for development work. It is designed for;
- Developers who want to contribute to the development of automotive software components.
- Developers who want to contribute to the GDP project itself.
Master policies can be summarized in three points:
- There is only one working repository, that is Master. (Think of it as a 'head' on a git repo.)
- Everything goes to Master first.
- Only branches from Master are allowed. Branches are for testing, stabilization, release, maintenance, not for development.
To know more about Master maintenance please visit GDP Management wiki page.
The next planned release is GDP 12 and everything merged in Master will appear in release GDP 12.
- The GENIVI GitHub account contains two code repositories relating to GDP:
- Branches: a branch is created in the top level of each repository for each release (and pre-release). Branches relating to a pre-release are removed when the next phase of that release is issued. All changes are pushed to master and not the branches.
Instructions for the final 11 release.
GDP 11 RC3
Instructions for RC3 are as for RC2 - RC3 adds a new HMI and testing of this pre-release is encouraged!
GDP 11 RC2
If you are building from source, ~100GB of storage needs to be available (~19GB if the Yocto RM_WORK feature is used) on the host machine.
The Genivi Dev Platform repo utilises git-submodules and source scripts to automate the configuration of the required repository build layers. Although this does not fully automate the process, the use of it is advised especially for those wanting to get up and running quickly.
The following is known to work on Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS (x86_64) in the following official targets:
For QEMU the build instructions are as follows:
Apply the following patch
Raspberry Pi 2
Raspberry Pi 3
Qualcomm DragonBoard 410c
What will I find in Master?
GDP components are described in GDP in Detail wiki page.
Requests for the next GDP version, should be listed in - GDP-154GDP Master requests TO DO . The requests will be processed and added first to GDP Master and then, according to the GDP policy, to the next release.