|Table of Contents|
Release 12 structure
- The GENIVI Github contains two code repositories relating to GDP:
- While 'master' branches in thse repositories contain the latest development (and potentially unstable) source code, 'gdp-12' branch contain the latest stable changes either already released or scheduled to be released in the near future. Each minor release under major release 12, is backed by a git tag, e.g v12.0.
- First Chromium Web Browser, based on GENIVI-funded work to support Chromium on Wayland
(some hardware targets)
- Lifecycle Integration
- Update to Application launching following Linux desktop standards to prepare for standard app framework
- Initial Persistence Subsystem integration and Notepad as example application
(some details left)
- Car-Data Logging feature
- Based on GENIVI Baseline version 12.0 (meta-ivi)
- Based on Morty branch of Poky and related build layers
- New hardware support (refer to downloads page and GDP Master build page)
If you are building from source, ~100GB of storage needs to be available (~20GB if the Yocto RM_WORK feature is used) on the host machine.
The Genivi Dev Platform repo utilises git-submodules and source scripts to automate the configuration of the required repository build layers. Although this does not fully automate the process, the use of it is advised especially for those wanting to get up and running quickly.
The following is known to work on the host systems supported by Yocto, for the following official targets:
but you can also follow the recommendations from the Yocto pojectr about supported Linux Distributions (v2.2).
For QEMU the build instructions are as follows:
Raspberry Pi 2
Raspberry Pi 3
Qualcomm DragonBoard 410c