Hypervisor Project (active)
Challenge: Efficient realization of the move from networked system to consolidated systems
- Extending / developing HV APIs e.g. starting from virtio. Potentials for cross-industry consolidation?
- Understanding where Common Interfaces are feasible and realistic
- For implementors who are interested: Surveying and analyzing available HV choices.
- Building the system stack with hypervisors and networked operating system instances
Challenge: Consistent distributed HMI experience across distributed and diverse multi-ECU systems.
- Top-level compositing across domains for the same physical display, with or without mixed safety levels
- Diverse operating systems and HMI technologies
- Distributed HMIs - Wayland/Waltham... other
- + Graphics transfer encoding/technology
Challenge: Too many choices, too much diversity, too much boiler-plate code, adaption layers, and incompatibility.
- Complexity in encoding rules from input to effect
- Bounded latency guarantees, time identification
- Modes / modality and dynamic rules
Challenge: The complexity of debugging and running robustly automotive computing systems with today's constant connectivity, data distribution, consolidation/virtualization and cross-domain interactions.
Seeking out, evaluating, consolidating and recommending Tools and Standards that support development of virtualized or connected, distributed systems with cross-domain interactions.