What is the GENIVI Demo Platform?
The GENIVI Demo Platform is an Open Source development platform for automotive.
- It showcases a concrete and live incarnation of the GENIVI software and design.
- It integrates GENIVI modules and components that are currently under development within the GENIVI Alliance.
- It is made available as a starter kit that can be publicly downloaded and customized by the wider developer community, targeting different development and comercial boards.
Check a more detailed description of GDP components.
How do I use the GENIVI Demo Platform?
In order to get the lastest GDP version, please go to the GDP Download page.
How do I contribute to the GENIVI Demo Platform?
The GENIVI Demo Platform is a public GENIVI OSS project, developed in the open so any individual is welcome to contribute. If you are interested in becoming a contributor:
- Subscribe to the mailing list (strongly recommended)
- Messages concerning GDP to genivi-projects mailing list should start the subject with: [GDP]. (So probably [GDP][PATCH] if you are submitting patches).
- Join us in the IRC channel #automotive in irc.freenode.net (strongly recommended).
- Be aware of the different GENIVI policies that every contributor should follow: How_to_contribute_to_GENIVI
- Get an account on GDP bugs tracker. Since this tool is also used to manage the GDP delivery, please make sure to report your bugs using the Issue Type "bug".
- Yes but, where is the code?
- Good question. It is in GENIVI's Git repository.
How do I get up to date of what the GDP team is doing?
In order to follow the activity of the current GDP delivery team please check the following resources:
- GDP Roadmap page. Check what is planned for coming versions.
- You can follow the work in progress and the project evolution in the following links:
- GDP Maintenance Team Kanban Board, specially recommended for those who follow the project closely.
- Status reports page, specialy recommended for those who follow the project on regular basis (weekly, monthly...).
- GDP Maintenance Dashboard, recommended for those interested in further analysis or follow the project ocasionally.
- In order to understand how the delivery and maintenance of GDP is done, please read the GENIVI Demo Platform maintenance management wiki page.