Tools Team meeting
- Wed 24th February 2016Tools team
- Call through webex
- Participants: Jeremiah (thanks for creating the intro doc for the discussion), Gunnar, Gianpaolo, Stephen and Agustin
- Git Strategy, technical discussion (30 min)
- Other goals, follow up (10 min)
- 14th AMM Tools team session design
This call was to discuss so we present here the agreements and relevant points of view, not the individual opinions.
1.- Git strategy
- Discussion about how to face the request from PMO, due March 8th.
- Although participants have a wide experience with most of the tools presented by the intro work from Jeremiah, TT would like to discuss the requirements before presenting any recommendation related with tools.
- The fact that different companies uses some of these tools proves that most options could be valid for GENIVI from the features point of view, at least.
- Agreement on the need to ensure smooth integration with our current tools: private/public Confluence/JIRA and go.cd specially.
- Agreement on the fact that the self hosted vs third party provided infrastructure/service has some strategic implications out of our scope as Tools Team.
- This decision should be strongly linked to the level of investment GENIVI decide to put in this area, in our opinion.
- General agreement around guidance/best practices/recommendations vs rules in terms of development/review processes.
- There is a general consensus around the benefits of using Gerrit for GENIVI.
- Next meeting will be a call again so we close the recommendations for PMO.
- TT will present them to the project mailing list.
- TT will recap the feedback and provide PMO the final document.
2.- Goals follow up
- Epics has been created
- ACTION item for those who has tasks assigned: please link your task to one of the created Epics or write Agustin suggesting an extra epic for them.
3.- 14th AMM TT session
- PMO requires an abstract of the session.
- ACTION: agustin will create it based on our 4 goals.