What is the GENIVI Demo Platform?
The GENIVI Demo Platform is an Open Source demo platform for automotive.
- It showcases a concrete and live incarnation of the GENIVI software and design.
- It integrates GENIVI modules and components that are currently under development within the GENIVI Alliance.
- It is made available as a starter kit that can be publicly downloaded and customized by the wider developer community, targeting different development and comercial boards.
Check a more detailed description of GDP components.
How do I use the GENIVI Demo Platform?
In order to get the lastest GDP version, please go to the GDP Download page. The latest version published is GDP-ivi9 beta. If you are interested in more information about the latest release, please check the GDP-ivi9 features page.
How do I contribute to the GENIVI Demo Platform?
The GENIVI Demo Platform is a public GENIVI OSS project, developed in the open so any individual is welcome to contribute. If you are interested in becoming a contributor:
- Subscribe to the mailing list (strongly recommended)
- Messages concerning GDP to genivi-projects mailing list should start the subject with: [GDP]. (So probably [GDP][PATCH] if you are submitting patches).
- Join us in the IRC channel #automotive in irc.freenode.net (strongly recommended).
- Be aware of the different GENIVI policies that every contributor should follow: How_to_contribute_to_GENIVI
- Get an account on GDP bugs tracker. Since this tool is also used to manage the GDP delivery, please make sure to report your bugs using the Issue Type "bug".
- Yes but, where is the code?
- Good question. It is in GENIVI's Git repository.
How do I follow up GDP Delivery?
In order to follow the activity of the current GDP delivery team please check the following resources:
- GDP Roadmap page. Check what is planned for coming versions.
- You can follow the work in progress and the project evolution in the following links:
- GDP Delivery Team Kanban Board, specially recommended for those who follow the project closely.
- Status reports page, specialy recommended for those who follow the project on regular basis (weekly, monthly...).
- GDP Delivery Dashboard, recommended for those interested in further analysis or follow the project ocasionally.
- In order to understand how the delivery and maintenance of GDP is done, please read the GENIVI Demo Platform management wiki page.
About GENIVI Alliance
GENIVI® is a nonprofit industry alliance committed to driving the broad adoption of specified, open source, In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) software. The alliance develops an open standard for aligning automotive and consumer infotainment cycles. Our work results in shortened development cycles, faster time to market, and reduced costs for companies developing IVI software. For more information, check GENIVI website.