What is the GENIVI Development Platform?
The GENIVI Development Platform is an Open Source project for automotive with three main goals.
- A starter kit that can be downloaded and customized for different hardware.
- An integration target for GENIVI software components
Check a more detailed description of GDP components through the wiki page GDP In Detail
How do I use the GENIVI Development Platform?
- To download the latest GDP in binary form, please go to the GDP Download page. The latest published version is GDP-ivi9.
- Find the instructions to download and run GDP or to build it yourself from scratch, together with the latest release highlights through GDP-ivi9 features page.
How do I contribute to the GENIVI Development Platform?
The GENIVI Development Platform is a public GENIVI OSS project, developed in the open so any individual is welcome to contribute. If you are interested in becoming a contributor:
- Subscribe to the mailing list (strongly recommended)
- Messages concerning GDP to genivi-projects mailing list should start the subject with: [GDP]. (So probably [GDP][PATCH] if you are submitting patches).
- Join us in the IRC channel #automotive in irc.freenode.net (strongly recommended).
- Be aware of the different GENIVI policies that every contributor should follow: How_to_contribute_to_GENIVI
- Get an account on GDP bugs tracker. Since this tool is also used to manage the GDP delivery, please make sure to report your bugs using the Issue Type "bug".
- Yes but, where is the code?
- Good question. It is in GENIVI's Git repository.
How do I follow the GDP Delivery?
In order to follow the activity of the current GDP delivery team please check the following resources:
- GDP Roadmap page. Check what is planned for coming versions.
- You can follow the work in progress and the project evolution in the following links:
- GDP Delivery Team Kanban Board, specially recommended for those who follow the project closely.
- Status reports page, specially recommended for those who follow the project on regular basis (weekly, monthly...).
- GDP Delivery Dashboard, recommended for those interested in further analysis or follow the project occasionally.
- In order to understand how the delivery and maintenance of GDP is done, please read the GENIVI Development Platform management wiki page.
Check what others have to say about GDP and about our presence in events in GDP Out There
About GENIVI Alliance
GENIVI® is a nonprofit industry alliance committed to driving the broad adoption of specified, open source, In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) software. The alliance develops an open standard for aligning automotive and consumer infotainment cycles. Our work results in shortened development cycles, faster time to market, and reduced costs for companies developing IVI software. For more information, check GENIVI website.