I am happy to announce an initial release of Genivi 12 support for the Genivi Yocto Baseline and Genivi Development Platform.
The M3 Starter Kit low cost board is supported in the GDP-12 board initialisation code. The Salvator-X Evaluation board can be built with a simple local.conf change described in the GDP build instructions.
This support is based on Yocto BSP release v2.17.
A summary of changes to be aware of since v2.16 (used in the Genivi 11 support):
- Please download and use the updated gfx/mmp package for Yocto BSP v2.17.
- Gfx has been updated to v1.3.1. Firmware now supports H3 WS 2.0.
- MMP has been updated to v3.0.8.
- Wayland: weston.ini can now be configured to support ivi-shell/ivi-extension.
- To add the config for ivi-shell add "ivi-shell" to your Yocto DISTRO_FEATURES, e.g. DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " ivi-shell"
- The dtb filename has changed for R-Car H3:
- Please use “Image-r8a7795-es1-salvator-x.dtb” for WS 1.0 and WS 1.1
- Please use “Image-r8a7795-salvator-x.dtb” for WS 2.0
- The Initial Program Loader (IPL) has been updated to v1.0.13
- The start address of the BL2 component of the Initial Program Loader (IPL) is now 0xE6304000.
Reminder: The u-boot start address changed from H’49000000 to H’50000000 in BSP v2.16.
Normally I develop Genivi Yocto Baseline support, then support for GDP. However to support the GDP Experience event at the AMM for this initial release I directly went to GDP. I have sanity tested various GDP sha during the development of GDP-12 including the current GDP Master HEAD dd37144 on the M3 Starter Kit, i.e. the about to be released GDP-12 has been tested.
GDP is of course built on top of the Genivi Yocto Baseline and currently uses meta-ivi sha 0b7d601. So indirectly the Genivi Yocto Baseline has been tested as well. After the AMM I will sanity test the Baseline on its own, along with the Salvator-X Evaluation boards.
Update 5/6/2017: GDP-12 has now been successfully sanity tested on the Salvator-X board as well
- By default GDP selects the first enumerated display for output, which for the Salvator-X board means VGA. To run GDP using the HDMI connector please disable the LVDS and VGA outputs in your weston.ini. This ensures GDP selects the correct display. See JIRA ticket - GDP-569Getting issue details... STATUS for discussion of this GDP issue.