- Project Overview
- SIG Activity
- Proposed Areas of Project Focus
- Mailing List for IVP SIG notifications
- IVP Upcoming SIG Collaboration Workshop
- Downloadable Assets
- White Papers
- Misc Links
- IVP Monthly Meeting Minutes
- Contact Leads (learn more)
- Upcoming Events
Vehicle-related commerce is a growing topic of major interest with drivers, OEMs, Tier 1, payment companies, and merchants alike. Development teams from payment technology service providers, merchants, OEM’s, and Tier 1’s need to engage and collaborate to enable a safe and secure transaction experience for the end customer (the driver). The focus of the IVP SIG will be to provide a foundation of knowledge and access to the established ecosystems of automotive, payments, and retail.
- Provide a forum for automotive, payments, and retail to understand and develop requirements to enable commerce in the vehicle in a convenient and safe manner in the vehicle.
- Define and establish potential projects that mutually benefit and advance the acceptance of in-vehicle payment applications.
- Identify and define projects that would advance the standardization of specifications and requirements for in-vehicle payments for all interested industries.
- Facilitate and provide a unified industry representation of automaker needs with payments regulatory bodies.
- Jan 8, 2020 - GEVINI - In-Vehicle Payment - Special Interest Group (SIG) Planning Meeting CES
- May 12, 2020 - GENIVI Virtual Tech Summit
- May 2020 - October 2020 - Numerous Zoom calls and meetings with leading organizations globally representing the IVP ecosystem. Discussions were inclusive of the formation and purpose of the IVP SIG, the payment industry needs, and possible collaborative contributions of each SIG participant. Discussions with a number of organizations also included exploring interests related to EV Charging, standards, and regulations which could lead to individual defined project initiatives.
- October 26, 2020 - GENIVI "Virtual Experience" All Member Meeting IVP Recorded Sessions
- February 25th 2021 - GENIVI IVP and EV Charging Collaboration Workshop (scroll down a few sections to GENIVI IVP Workshop to see details and registration information)
- May 4-7th 2021 - GENIVI Virtual AMM (All Member Meeting) with IVP & EV Charging panels and workshop discussions
- June 8-10th 2021 - GENIVI at TU Automotive FOCUS Vehicle Commerce Conference (scroll down to upcoming events to view registration link with GENIVI discount code)
Proposed Areas of Project Focus
- Payments Ecosystem Networking, IVP State of the Union
- EV Charging Payments
- Data, ID, and Security
- Device and Systems
- Cross-functional requirements for data and ID
- Europe, PSD2, and SCA
GENIVI IVP SIG is currently seeking participant companies to get involved with developing the specifications and requirements of IVP for the automotive industry. Participants can include but are not limited to:
- Tier 1, 2
- Software Developers
- Content and Entertainment
- Merchants / Services
- Issuing Banks
- Acquiring Banks
- Card Brands
- Payfacs, Processors, and Gateways
- Fintech Companies
- Standards Organizations (EMVco, FIDO, PCI Counsel)
- Compliance and Regulating Bodies
IVP SIG Mailing List Sign Up
To sign up for the IVP mailing list and receive notifications for GENIVI IVP related events including IVP Workshops, please CLICK HERE
GENIVI Upcoming In-Vehicle Payment (IVP) Collaboration Workshop
- SAVE THE DATE - May 6th or 7th (actual date & times to be posted shortly)
- Virtual 2 hour on-line event
- To be notified with details regarding the next IVP Workshop, please fill out your contact information in the section directly above "IVP SIG Mailing List Sign Up"
Downloadable Assets (recorded sessions & workshops)
February 25, 2021 - GENIVI IVP & EV Charging Workshop (presentation downloads)
October 26, 2020 - GENIVI "Virtual Experience" All Member Meeting IVP Recorded Session
- Car Commerce - The Road Ahead For In-Vehicle Payments (IVP): Vehicle-related commerce is a growing topic of major interest with drivers, OEMs, Tier 1, payment companies, and merchants alike. Development teams from payment technology service providers and merchants need to engage and collaborate with OEM’s and Tier 1’s to enable a safe and secure transaction experience for the end customer (the driver). During this session, panelists representing automotive, retail, and payment ecosystems will explore successful strategies for enabling in-vehicle payments, targeted advertising, discounted offers, points of interest, and other convenience features for occupants of connected vehicles.
May 20, 2020 - GENIVI Virtual Technical Summit
White papers go here
Links to relevant information related to IVP goes here
IVP Meeting Minutes
(Note: This section will be used to store IVP monthly meeting minutes following the Feb 25, 2021 workshop launch)
John Moon - IVP Special Interest Group Lead email@example.com
Mike Nunnery – (a.k.a. GENIVI Mike) GENIVI Marketing Executive firstname.lastname@example.org
TU Automotive IVP Survey (open NOW for your input)
(February 25, 2021) GENIVI IVP Collaboration Workshop
(REGISTER NOW) - To register for the event please visit: https://IVPworkshop.eventbrite.com passcode is “collaboration”
Date/Time: Thursday, February 25th, 2021, from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm Eastern Time, GENIVI will be hosting a complimentary virtual (on-line) collaboration workshop event
(June 8-10th, 2021) TU Automotive Vehicle Commerce FOCUS Conference - GENIVI invites you to join this TU Automotive three-day FOCUS IVP Vehicle Commerce conference where you will hear from numerous experts discussing the latest trends, opportunities, challenges, and collaboration partnership opportunities. Registration for the site should go live shortly
Register here: https://wardsauto.informa.com/focus-connected-vehicle-commerce/ and use code GENIVI25 for a 25% discount when