This page provides a more detailed information about what is GDP and how to use it. It also includes links to tutorials and Howtos together with further information about other initiatives within GENIVI related with GDP.
Block Diagram and description
This is the high level block diagram of GDP Master
The GENIVI Development Platform (GDP) includes, but is not limited to, the following list of components:
- Hardware: target boards:
- GDP ship ports to a variety of target boards for each release. The number of boards expand based on contributions. You can find further information in the GDP releases wiki page
- BSP layer: each target board requires a BSP layer with specific kernel, drivers and configurations to make the board work properly.
- Meta-ivi is a GENIVI project, the base layer for GDP. Find more info about meta-ivi in this wiki. Meta-ivi has the following main modules/components:
- Meta Qt5: project WebPage / git
- meta-genivi-dev layer is formed by those components present in GDP on top of meta-ivi. The main ones are:
- meta-rvi is a layer that add the Remote Vehicle Interaction (RVI) to GDP. RVI provides a unified framework for remote interaction from devices and the cloud with a vehicle through various communication channels that are handled transparently. It's infrastructure is the foundation for applications falling into the three macro use cases for remote access to vehicles over networks:
RVI can be used by application in two different ways:The OE layer meta-rvi can be found at https://github.com/GENIVI/meta-rvi. It has recipes to build both RVI Core and RVI Lib.
- Vehicle Control - retrieve vehicle status information and carry out control actions
- SOTA - updating vehicle software, configuration data, maps, etc. over the air
- Big Data - collecting, filtering, preprocessing and transmitting vehicle data
GDP has two deliverables:
- GDP Master targets contributors and developers familiar with Yocto.
- GDP releases target users and application developers that want to use GDP as demo platform for their solutions.