Drafting a thinking process and relevant details.
Start with a Environment
- Simple start: Traditional 3-display setup Cluster/IVI/RSE
- Consider also "modern" concept ideas – full display (but implemented as segments) across dashboard, head-up across windshield, etc..
Start with a Use case
- A particular function (Media, video, navigation, "HMI interaction" (menus etc) may drive different needs.
- What hardware capabilities exist
- interconnect network (inside SoC / between hardware chips)
- SoC internal bandwidth, memory bandwidth
- Network connection between ECUs
- Hypervisors --> performance and bandwidth
- SoC feature - display layers, virtualization support?
- where can I render?
- where can I process?
- where is the source of content?
- where should it be displayed?
- network bandwidth
- screen & graphics resolution needs
- Operating system capabilities? Available software.
- Organizational constraints? (Number of speaking partners e.g. ECU suppliers, technology providers)
- Pre-selected limitations on supplier choice, price, platform, etc.
- 5 categories
- typical requirements (or consequences) for choosing each
– in terms of bandwidth... processing...
- Development risk? (cost, delays...)
Analysis and choice methods
- Provide methods for getting from all the complexities above to an actual choice.
- Step 1. List XXX Step 2.
- Comparison tables
- Other analysis methods?
- Risk analysis? FMEA?
- More risk management: How large is the safety margin against constraints (how near bandwidth limit, etc.?)
- Does the chosen solution solve the problem?
- Does it meet all constraints?
- What is the previously evaluated risk score? (or scores, if several types of risks were evaluated)